Monday, January 28, 2013

Back To Work

So I went back to work last Monday. It was a much bigger change than I had imagined, which is why i haven't posted in so long. I tried my best to plan ahead by showering at night and packing Estelle's diaper bag the night before so i would have less to do in the morning. I think my preplanning worked as we were on time all week.

My first day back was a little slower, helping me to ease back into things, which was nice. The rest of the week however was super busy, which definitely made me feel overwhelmed. Overall I'm happy to be back at work, but there's been lots of changes since I left on maternity leave, which will take some time to adjust to. I had an especially good moment this week with a former patient which made me so happy to be back out doing patient care.

Estelle is being watched by Grandma Cindi and Grandpa Marty two days a week, by Uncle Mike two days a week and is home with me one day a week, for which I am thankful. Her cousin Andrew is also being watched by family all week long so these two will be thick as thieves. I definitely have my hands full on my "day off" when I have both kids, but I'm learning how to juggle the two kids better each time and we have some pretty sweet moments on those crazy days.

So life is moving on and we are doing our best to keep up.  Hopefully this week will be a little smoother at work than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment